Hiring Two Assistant Market Gardeners for 2019
BeetBox Co-operative Farm is growing (pardon the pun)! And, we need people like you; people who peruse food related employment opportunities.
More specifically, we are looking for an assistant market gardeners to catapult our CSA program to the next level!
Who is BeetBox?
We are a farmer-owned workers co-operative growing high quality vegetables, ecologically. Last year, we established a new CSA for the lovely people of West Ottawa.
The co-op was established in 2017 by three young agrarians: Jeremy Colbeck, Lise-Anne Léveillé, and David Mazur-Goulet. Together, we bring over a decade of growing experience to our community.
What makes us different?
- 110 acres right in the city
- Surrounded by forest and a short walk from the very swimmable Ottawa River
- A farm that is financed by its members and the community at large
- Opportunities that lie beyond the six month contract as we grow year after year
- Possibility of living on the farm
Who is the ideal candidate?
- Interest, experience and / or training in organic farming
- believe that good work is found through the exercise of their strengths; we’re talking beyond muscles here
- high integrity, the capacity to learn quickly, and high intrinsic motivation; we can teach you all the rest!
- Autonomous but love team work.
- Be comfortable with repetitive tasks and working in warm, cold, rain and windy weather
- Bilingualism is an asset since the farm is already fully bilingual
Planting and care of crops in fields and in the greenhouse; harvesting; packaging and washing products for CSA baskets. Help with the preparation of the drop point and all other related tasks.
More About the Position
- Late April / Early May to late October
- 40 hours a week at $15/h
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (earlier start during harvests) (1 hour unpaid lunch)
- Free weekly standard size CSA box
Pretty grand, right?
Send us your resume to email@example.com as soon as possible!